Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Over Due...but not to disappoint!

The weather this spring has been wacky...but unlike last year it has been a cold and windy wacky. In between giant blows, sleet and driving rain I have been quietly putting the smash down on some walleyes and even some MONSTER smallies.  I have had two scaled smallies over 7lbs come in the boat in the last few weeks, as well a pile of 5lb + specimens. I think the moral of the story is that if you wait for the perfect day or perfect weather you will never go and when you do get it, it tends to not make for the best fishing anyways.



The recent warm spell has jumped the water temp up to 50 degrees is most places I have been. This has caused the spinner bite to hit high gear and the crank bite to drastically slow down.  Look for some real good fishing to follow.

I just finished a episode of the "Local Catch" that should run in the next few weeks. A very down to earth and educational show I hope you enjoy.

PS--before anyone starts we released all but one smallie that went on the wall.  That even includes walleyes.

Ross Robertson
www.bigwaterfishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment